The Fish Tank is the first purpose-built, Family Swimming and Activity Centre in the North East.
The first years of our children’s lives are the most important for their development and future. During this time their brains develop at their fastest ever rate. As parents of three children ourselves, and another due very soon, baby and young children’s wellbeing and development have been at the heart of our design and vision for The Fish Tank.
Our brand-new venue is the place to be for baby and children’s activities.
- With a state of the art 10 x 6, 1.2 metres deep, heated swimming pool (suitable for babies from birth)
- Clean and safe changing village, with underfloor heating, free lockers and vanity area, and baby changing tables in each cubicle
- More than 80 square metres of activity room space with state of the art Active Wall (the first in the UK)
- A welcoming family-friendly coffee shop with plentiful high-chairs and play area
- Free customer parking, cycle shelter, buggy park and outdoor space
- Helpful and friendly staff to offer support and assistance
What’s on at The Fish Tank?
In addition to our open swim sessions, we’re pulling together several high-quality class and activity options too. All designed to help inspire and encourage your little ones learning and growth. If you’re looking for a class or activity for your little one or would just like a friendly place to meet other parents and families for a coffee or lunch, we’ll look forward to welcoming you to our fabulous new venue. In addition to our own in-house activities, we’re working with some fabulous partner businesses to offer even more. Watch out for classes and activities from The Happy Swim Company, CrossFit All Out, Pilates Guru, Parker Fitness UK, Techy Tots and Hooray Soft Play.
We’re launching our full website soon to include more information about our sessions and activities. In the meantime, if you’d like to be kept up to date with our latest news you can check us out on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn, or you can sign up to our e-newsletter.
We’re adding new activities, events and classes all the time so if there’s something you’d like to see us offer then please let us know. Or, if you know of a business who may be interested in getting involved then please send them our way.
Where we are and how to get in touch:
You can find us on Cumbie Way between the main PWS building and T&S Kitchens, just off Spring Road, Aycliffe Business Park. Nice and handy from the A1 and A167. Our postcode for your sat nav is DL5 6YA.
We’ll look forward to seeing you soon!
The Fish Tank, Family Swimming and Activity Centre